PBFA Presents: State of the Food Service Menu
Increasing opportunity has inspired brands across the plant-based foods sector to sharpen their focus on expansion into the world of food service—and the PBFA team is committed to making sure our members are best equipped for a transition into this unique space. That’s why we’ve invested in a robust partnership with Datassential designed to identify key trends and predicted growth for plant-based menu items. Sizeable impacts to the food service industry over the past three years have hampered innovation in many ways, but with an increasing return to business as usual, menu expansion will be front and center—and plant-based foods are at the center of that focus.
Datassential makes the food industry smarter, providing trend software, predictive analytics, and consumer insights that help manufacturers, food retailers, and chain restaurants innovate and sell more intelligently. Our partnership with Datassential is built on providing meaningful thought leadership for the entire industry, and together, we will publish a series of reports throughout the year exclusively for our members as you grow your foodservice footprint.
In this live webinar, Marie Molde will share key findings from the PBFA and Datassential’s collaborative "State of Plant-Based in Food Service" report.
In this webinar, we will be exploring:
- The “State of the Menu” – An overview of foodservice and setting the stage for plant-based (including changes in menu size, growing/declining dayparts, trends);
- Menu penetration and growth for plant-based and plant protein (past, current, and the four-year forecast) in the foodservice segment;
- Menu penetration and growth for plant-based terms (“vegan,” “vegetarian,” “plant-based,” “plant-forward,” “dairy-free,” “meatless,” “veggie,” etc.);
- Regional penetration and growth for plant-based terms;
- Most penetrated and fastest growing plant-based dishes on menus;
- Menu penetration and growth for plant-based alternatives (chicken, burgers, etc.);
- Menu penetration and growth for plant-based dairy (milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.);
- Menu penetration and growth for plant-based milk types (oat, coconut, soy, etc.);
- Examples of menus with plant-based vegan items and ones with combined plant-based and animal products/protein items;
- Consumer trial and affinity trends for plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, plant-forward, and dairy-free, including demographic highlights and insights for specific groups that are drawn to plant-based foods or show room for opportunity (e.g. by region, age, ethnicity, etc.); and
- Examples of LTOs/new menu items in plant-based category, as well as top uniqueness and top purchase intent as rated by consumers.
This event is open to PBFA members only. Registration in advance is required and a Zoom link will be sent to all registrants.
Not a member? Please reach out to Maddie Segal - email@example.com - to find out how to join our community!
We hope you will join us for this inspiring and informative discussion!
About the presenter:
With a strong background in food and business - holding a combined MBA/RD from Dominican University - Marie brings Datassential a unique perspective and health-driven point of view. Restaurant chains and suppliers have relied on Marie’s expertise in food and consumer trends, and for years she has helped foodservice and retail operators excel in innovation. Marie was named a “rising star of produce” by Produce Business in 2022, is a foodservice ambassador for Produce for Better Health and has appeared on national TV programs on CBS and NBC for stories on the growth of plant-based eating. Marie has been quoted by major media companies including BuzzFeed, The Washington Post and The New York Times.